SolAero is a leader in the development, manufacturing and delivery of high efficiency solar cells, Covered Interconnected Cells (CICs) & solar panels to the aerospace industry.
- In 1998, we developed and commercialized a 23% efficient dual-junction solar cell in 12 months while most industry experts projected that it would take 3 years to accomplish.
- In our first 3 years, we drove the displacement of silicon solar cells as the primary source of space power after it had been in continuous use since 1958 (Vanguard-1, the 4th satellite ever launched).
- We released new solar cell technology every 24 months for 10 years beginning in 1999, driving technological innovation, not only in space power, but in space applications that have transformed how we live.
- We currently manufacture ~300,000 flight solar cells annually ( or about 350 kWe).
- We are currently under contract to manufacture flight solar panels for 32 separate satellites over the next 5 years.
- Since establishing our CIC & panel manufacturing facility in Albuquerque, NM in 2006, we have delivered solar panels for 55 separate satellites.